Monday, March 17, 2014

Bead Show



  It has been a little while since I last posted. There is much going on in my life. I am going to be a "Mam-maw" for the second time . I have been busy spending precious time with our Grandson.He is a little over 2 1/2 years old. Very smart and everyday he is learning NEW things. He is just adorable! In the fall he will have a new sibling. We are all pretty excited about it as you can imagine!

This past weekend, I did something NEW . I went to my first bead show. My"partner in crime" (I'll call her) and I attended one here in the Charlotte area


   We had the most wonderful time! We spent the entire day shopping, drooling, and coming up with all kinds of ideas as we went from table to table. I must admit we did pick up  some nice "lovelies". You will see them in future pieces. There was an exhibitor there that sold vintage pieces, like findings,cabochons, etc .  We fell in love with that table of things.  We got many things from them. Here is one piece that I found. I fell in love with it immediately and knew I had to have it. What do you think of it? What would you do with this piece if it were in your possession????? It is copper.  Very ornate as you can see.Yes, those are holes all around it to add much "pretties " to it. What would you make????????? I would love to hear your suggestions.



I have made a couple of pieces since I last wrote.  First I made this "Spring" bracelet  that I call "Bloom." It is made from a Vintage brass broach , enameled and has a soft blue flower in the center. I have added three strands of beads to it. Consisting of  more little blooms. You can check out my shop page for the details.

I also made this petite small Garnet earrings with little rice pearls. The rice pearls were from a vintage bracelet that was too small for my arms. They are in the shop also.

 


I hope to not stay away as long with the next blog writing. Would love to hear your suggestions for the piece. Till next time.........

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Kim! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such nice comments on my blog! Congratulations on the new grandbaby on the way! I have a 2-year old niece and she is just the apple of my eye! ;) Love the pieces you made. I would probably turn the copper finding into a bracelet by adding an antique tintype to the centre, or an image covered in resin. Have fun with your new supplies! :) Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn for all compliments! Children have a way of stealing your heart, don't they? Love your ideas on the copper piece! Look for something in the future with the piece, as I was fortunate to get several copper pieces.

      Delete
  2. How exciting, congratulations on expecting a new grand child.
    Your new creations are beautiful and very creative. I'd probably keep the copper piece sitting on my desk awhile until inspiration hit...out of sight, out of mind. It will be lovely. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    congratulations on the new grand child on the way. The copper finding would be perfect to frame a lovely image and turned into a charm. Love your new creations - thank you so much for your lovely comment.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete